E-Safety at St George's
E-safety is a very important part of our work with children, families and staff.
Increasingly our concerns about children's safety are linked to their behaviours online and using portable devices susch as mobile phones and tablets.
We explicitly teach children about e-safety and work with our partners at Hi-Impact and NSPCC to promote e-safety from a very young age.
We also run regular parents' meetings to develop their understanding of the risks online, gaming and with portable devices.
All curriculum staff are trained in e-safety and receive regular updates.
We have attached our policies, school presentations and some resources. We have also attached links and leaflets for families to promote e-safety at home.
We actively encourage families to use NSPCC New Net Aware website as a 'go to' platform for E-safety. Please visit their website.
We also signpost families to Think U Know Parents advice centre with videos and leaflets on E-safety advice.
Further links include:
Click on the links below to access:
- CEOP's (Centre for Online Protection) Think U Know resources for parents. They offer practical guidance and advice for families that will help to keep your children safe.
- Kids Smart provides advice for parents on different devices and software. A very practical guide for damilies.
- Safer Internet Uk also offer invaluable advice for families and information how to report any online concerns.
- NSPCC's excellent parents information advice on dealing with online safety.
- https://www.secureteen.com/ - Parental Control Software